These past couple of weeks have been extremely exciting for the Kinney household! On June 13th at 3:12 PM we welcomed our sweet baby girl into the world! After TWO visits to triage for preterm labor she was actually here! Ava had previously tried to come at one day shy of 31 weeks but they were able to stop my labor (thank goodness!!!) and then I went into the hospital with contactions 2-3 mins. apart at 36 weeks but my labor stopped on it's own. Now at 37 weeks and 3 days she decided this was it, she would make her appearance! I went into the hospital around 6 AM after timing my contractions since 2 AM that morning. I knew this time it was real! Labor went rather quickly. When I arrived I was 5 cm. and 80-90% effaced and after 2.5 hours I was at 6 cm. and 100% and moved to an L&D room and got my epidural soon after. Dr. Paul broke my water around 11:30 AM and after not progressing anymore after an hour I was given Pitocin to induce my labor. Not long after the Pitocin was started, Ava was here! Weighing at only 6 lbs. and 5 oz. and 18 inches long this little blessing from God immediately stole our hearts! Her head full of blonde hair and her beautiful blue eyes made me gasp for air. She took her Mommy's breath away! She is PERFECT and we are so in love with her! My amazing Mom, Grandma Belinda, was in the delivery room with us and she too immediately fell in love!
 |
| Ready to meet our girl! |
 |
| This is it!!! |
 |
So in love! Very proud parents!
|
 |
| Proud Grandma! |
Liam came to meet his baby sister not long after her arrival and seemed to be amazed with her. He would stand at the hospital bed while I was holding her and just stare at her and say, "Awe!" It was so cute!
 |
| My perfect little family |
 |
| I'm the BIG Brother! |
 |
| Peek-A-Boo Sissy! |
On Friday, after 2 days in the hospital, we got to take Ava home! What an exciting day! She was not a fan of getting into her carseat. She threw her first real "fit" once we snapped her in. I don't think the big flower bow on her head helped either so we took it off (sad face) and she finally calmed down.
Liam was a little confused when he got home to see her there. I'm not sure he really understood what was going on but he was great with her and didn't act jealous at all! < Relieved >
On Monday we went to Ava's newborn check up to find out she was juandice. In the hospital she was reading high with the scanner but when they had sent blood to be tested she was fine. She was put on bili lights later that day. Poor baby girl! She didn't much care for them, who could blame her? We didn't care for them either! She was only to get out to be fed and changed. Mommy was sad to miss out on some cuddle time! Luckily, she only had to stay on the lights for 2 days!
 |
| Beautiful Girl |
 |
| Mommy holding Ava's hand before being stuck :( |
 |
Ava getting stuck to check her bili level. Notice: Liam is at the door after slapping the nurse and telling her to let go of his baby sister. He next went to the door and said, "were done!"Such a protective big brother!
|
 |
| Bili lights AKA tanning bed! |
 |
Mommy, what is all this bright light?!?
Ava is now a week and 4 days and doing great! We are all adjusting well, even Liam, and so in love with our new blessing and addition to our famly! We couldn't be more happy! Our family is complete! God is amazing!
Here are a few more pics. Enjoy!
Below: First bath...She hated it!!!
** Thank you to everyone who helped out during this time with Liam and everyone who came to visit us and our sweet girl in the hospital. We are so blessed to have such great friends and family! |
No comments:
Post a Comment