Sunday, July 29, 2012

Our week/weekend day by day

We had a pretty laid back week this past week. Monday and Tuesday the kids and I pretty much stayed in our pjs and spent a lot of time playing, cuddling and getting some R&R. We played dinosaurs, cars, danced around the house to music, and spent time cuddling while watching some of our favorite movies. It was very nice!

On Wednesday, Jacqueline and Ethan came over for a play date. Liam and Ethan played their little hearts out while Jacqueline and I talked wedding planning! Jacqueline and Kenneth are getting married next year and I was asked to be their maid of honor. I couldn't feel more honored and blessed to stand next to my best friend as she says the words, "I do" to the man of her dreams! Damon was also asked to be in the wedding as one of Kenneth's groomsmen. We couldn't be happier to celebrate in our best friend's special day with them! What an amazing couple! Later that day, we got a special visit from Amanda and Kaylee. We love them and were super excited to spend some time with them!

Thursday was another laid back day with the kiddos. While Ava napped Liam and I played in a toy car wash. I used a glass baking pan and filled it up with water and a small amount of dish soap and we played with his toy cars in it. While playing, we sang, "Working in the car wash, Liam's car wash...Yeah!" Liam had a great time splashing around! The kitchen floor got a little wet and we were a little soapy but it was a great time. (Thank you Pinterest for the idea!) Later that evening Amanda and Kaylee came over for another visit and had dinner with us. I made something new, also found on Pinterest ( oh how I LOVE Pinterest! ), called Dorito Taco Bake. It was pretty much a taco casserole with Cheesy Doritos crunched up covering the top...YUM!
Liam's Car Wash




Ava and Kaylee

Liam playing Peek-A-Boo in the covers

He's too cute!
Friday, I went and got my hair done...Finally! It was long overdue! I was desperately needing a trim and some highlights so my amazing husband offered to keep the kiddos by himself for the first time so I could have some much needed mommy time! Daddy survived and did a great job! The kids were fed and happy when I arrived home! He's a wonderful Daddy so I knew he would be just fine! Later on we all took a nice family nap! That's right, all 4 of us got a nap at the same time....Be jealous! It was GREAT! That never happens! Once we were all rested and it cooled off outside we took Liam out to play. Poor little man has really been missing the outdoors. It has been so hot during the day so we have been waiting until the evening to go out. By that time, we don't get much time out before it's time for bath and bed.

Hitting some ball with Mommy


Saturday, we went to Kayla and Justin's house to grill and hang out. We had yummy BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, mac and cheese, and banana cream pie for dessert. Later that night we had smores made with rolos roasted over the fire pit. It was a fun filled night!

Today, Liam's Nana watched Liam while Damon, Ava, and I went to the mall. Liam doesn't care to go to the mall at this stage. He hates being strapped into the stroller and would much rather spend time playing with his Nana. He also got to visit with Mamaw, Papaw, Ne-Ne, Paula, and Abi. He had a great time and was able to play outside in the sprinkler...much more fun than the mall for him. Miss Ava still sleeps as we stroll her around so she doesn't mind. I hope she likes the mall as she gets older because we will probably spend a lot of Mommy-Daughter time there...Hopefully! At the mall, Damon and I got to spend some Mommy and Daddy time together and got to eat at one of our favorite places, Panera Bread. As always, it was delicious!

It was a great week/weekend! Sadly, next weekend I will be returning to work! I am really dreading it because I don't feel like I'm ready to be away from Ava for that long just quite yet. She is still so young for me to return but with being on bedrest before having her I have run out of time. I'm sad to leave Liam as well because we have been hip to hip since I went on bedrest and was taken off work. He is growing too fast! I guess it's just part of life. I have to work to provide for my little loves! They are definitely well worth it! I would love to give them the world! I am looking forward to seeing my co-workers and those precious babies that I care for though! Those babies are my babies away from home and I guess they need me too! I definitely have an amazing and rewardable job so I am grateful for that! Until then, I am going to enjoy every moment I have home with my 2 sweet babies and cuddle with them as much as possible! Luckily, I only work weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment