Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Zoo Day/ Church Marriage Class

Today was a fantastic day! We started the day going to the Zoo with my good friend Carrie and two of her little boys, Camden and Grayson. We got there early so we could get through most of the zoo before the sun came out and I'm glad we did because it was beaming! The kiddos had a great time seeing the animals and Carrie and I got some exercise pushing our huge double strollers around the zoo! It was Ava and Grayson's first time at the zoo but like most one and two month olds, they slept! I'm sure they enjoyed getting some fresh air and getting to ride around in the strollers.





After the zoo the kiddos and I came home and we all took a nice NAP! Yup, Mommy too! It was AMAZING!

Once Damon got home we quickly got ready and headed to church. Our church started a marriage class tonight and we are very excited about it! Tonight's class focused on the biblical way of marriage. We studied the biblical meaning of marriage and passages related to divorce. Step one in establishing a lasting marriage is closing the road to divorce. This means recommitting our hearts 100% to the viability of our marriage. Damon and I made this committent to each other tonight and it felt amazing. Next we explored the positive guide for marriage--Jesus Christ! Ephesians 5 states that Christ's love for the church is the basic paradigm which best explains marriage. Thus, any marriage which hopes to flourish at the highest human level must be a marriage surrendered in obedience to Christ.
Damon and I are very committed to one another and have a great marriage but like all marriages, ours isn't perfect. There is no such thing as a "perfect marriage." We have gone through a lot together and we have pulled through many obstacles. When it comes to marriage we need to know the way to keep it all together through all the ups and downs, beauty and pain, and joy and sorrow. Jesus Christ will keep us on the path to staying together through it all. He is the way!

* I would like to take this time to invite all married couples to this class. Singles may come as well! It is going to be very inspirational and enlightening. We meet on Wednesday nights at Cedar Grove Baptist Church at 6:45 pm. There are also classes going on at this time for children and the nursery is available for babies. I hope to see some of you there! Have a blessed evening!

*Biblical passages we looked at tonight related to divorce:
  • Mark 10:4-12
  • Luke 16:18
  • Malachi 2:16
  • Romans 7:1-3
P.S. Did I mention we sold our house??? We did! We signed papers on Monday, Labor Day! Next step is getting our house appraised which will occur on Friday and then onto building our new forever home! We are so excited to begin this new chapter in our lives!




No comments:

Post a Comment