Yesterday, April 27, Liam turned a month old...WOW! I can't believe it has already been that long since I gave birth to him! He is growing so fast and I only wish I could slow it down already! It has been the absolute best month of my life. Liam is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and by far my greatest accomplishment. I can't even begin to describe the amount of love I have for my baby boy! I didn't even know that this kind of love actually exsisted. I could not survive without him now. He is the most important part of my life and everything I live for! I love being his Mommy and I thank God everyday for blessing me with the ability to do so. I cherish every moment I have with him and will continue to do so throughout the rest of my life as I watch him grow.
Daddy had to work during the day so Liam and I went and had a fun day with Jacqueline and Ethan. Jacqueline and I had our Mommy's day while Liam and Ethan had their first boy's day together. Jacqueline and Ethan met us at our house and we headed to the mall. Although we didn't really have any money to shop we thought it would be nice to grab some lunch and let the boys do some sight seeing. When we got to the mall we went to the food court and decided to get some yummy Great Steak. They make this incredible buffalo chicken sandwich that makes my mouth water thinking about it! After eating we walked around the mall and looked at clothes for the boys, of course, and some for us whenever we get our hot momma bodies! Looking at all of the cute clothes was definitely motivation to get skinny again so we could actually wear them and not look like we had muffin tops! We are going to start working out together very soon and pushing eachother. I can't wait to get back into the gym! After about forty minutes or so of walking around we had to go and change the boys. Once we got them changed with a clean bottom it was time for them to eat. We found some benches near the fountain and gave the boys their bottles. They were perfectly content after that and was ready for a nap in their strollers. This would have been perfect for us to be able to look around since the whole time we had been trying to keep them happy even to the point we were carrying them and pushing their strollers...Spoiled you ask? No, not them! But...we spent so much time eating then changing and feeding...etc. that before we knew it, we had already been there for about three hours and we were exhausted! We decided to head on home and let the boys get their naps in while in the car...even though Liam was sleeping majority of the time already! Once we got back we hung out with the boys in the house for a little bit before Jacqueline and Ethan had to head home. It was hillarious because we laid the boys next to eachother and their size difference was crazy! Yes, Ethan is 6 months older than Liam but it was still really funny! Ethan is in the 90th percentile for height and weight for his age and Liam is in the 25th percentile at the moment so he looks even more like a little peanut next to Ethan! They are definitely two cute little guys! Anyways, it was a very fun day and we can't wait to have many more playdates and Mommy time!
A few minutes after Jacqueline and Ethan had pulled out of the drive way Damon walked through the door. I had laid out some chicken breast and marinated it in some Lawry's Buffalo BBQ sauce most of the day for dinner to go along with some mixed steamed veggies..Delicious & healthy! After lunch today with Jacqueline I definitely needed some good, healthy food! Great Steak is amazing and oh so yummy for my belly, but it's not exactly the healthiest of food. After we ate we spent the rest of the night having quality family time with our little monkey. We couldn't believe he was already a month old...time flies! It wasn't too much later and Liam was ready to crash. Even though he was sleeping the majority of the time we were out he had a long day and was exhausted. Mommy was exhausted too! It was a great day!
Liam's One Month Check-Up
Today, Friday April 28, we went to the pediatrician office for Liam's one month check-up. When we got there we had to get him undressed so that we could go and weigh him. Damon and I were so anxious to find out how much he weighed because we could tell he was growing rather fast the past couple of weeks. As much as he eats, I would be worried if he wasn't...Our monkey loves to eat! Anyways, as we took off his diaper to lay him down he had started to poo a little and got some on the blanket the nurse had given us. Leave it to Liam! Anytime that diaper comes off it is like the air hits him and something is coming out! Needless to say, they got us another blanket and we got him cleaned up. After all of that we finally weighed him to see that he weighed a whopping 8lbs. and 15oz. At his last appointment, a little over 2 weeks, he weighed 7lbs. and 2.8oz. so he is growing rather well! The doctor said he was doing great as she assessed him and stated that he is very consistent in his weight gain even though he was still a little under for his age. He also has grown 2 inches since he was born! I am hoping this means that soon he will actually be able to fit in all of his 0-3 month clothing. He is still wearing newborn and well, there isn't exactly a large selection of cute newborn clothes! He has such stylish little man clothes in 0-3 mos. that I can't wait to see him in but as of now they still swallow him.
After the doctor came in and assessed him we spent some time cuddling him and trying to get him relaxed because we knew what was coming next. A SHOT! He had to get his second Hepatitis B shot. The Hepatitis B vaccine is a series of 3 shots and he received his first one in the hospital. After about five minutes or so the nurse came in carrying the shot and asked us to go on and lay him down so she could administer it. I am a nurse and give routine injections myself but when it comes to your baby it is a different story. I cringed at the thought of him getting the injection. We laid him down and I held onto his hand as the nurse held down his legs. He didn't like being held down and immediately began to cry. She administered the injection into his left leg and he cried a little harder. It about broke my heart into two. She quickly applied a band-aid and once I picked him up that was it. He just needed his mommy! Oh, we also found out that his repeat PKU screening came back all normal which is great news so we were very happy about that. Our baby boy is very healthy and we can't thank God enough for that!



No comments:
Post a Comment